Monday, August 24, 2009

Katie & Lance are Married!!
What a fun couple. They had so many fun ideas for their wedding. They just wanted their weekend to be about things they love. The rehearsal dinner started out with a grooms cake for lance. He loves the Eagles Greatest Hits album, SO I had to try my hand at an Eagles Cake.
Here is the Album Cover
The cake.
I have to say I was really excited with it!
This was a dark chocolate cake with ganache and mocha buttercream filling.
I also created favors for their guests.
Coconut cupcakes with key lime filling and presented in "take out" boxes
Finally, the Wedding cake... They had a small 35 person wedding. So I raised the top tier to make the cake appear larger. Yes, that is a ring sitting in rose. When lance proposed to Katie they were in the Caribbean. Well, on top of his fear of dropping it in the sand and never finding the ring again, Katie has ridiculously small fingers so he ordered the ring from Kohl's online for $5.99. They even made a joke about it on their invitations. So funny! She has a very beautiful ring now, but what fun story Katie & Lance thank you so much for letting me be apart of your wedding weekend. It was such a joy to work with the the two of you. Best of luck in your new journey together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment